Woodland Hills Music Lessons
California Music Studios has delivered music lessons in Woodland Hills for over 25 years, developing a strong, positive reputation for our ability to match students with highly qualified music instructors. Anyone can learn to play an instrument, but finding the means to do so can be difficult. California Music Studios takes care of the hard work of finding a good teacher so all you have to worry about is achieving your musical goals.
Why Choose California Music Studios for Music Lessons in Woodland Hills?
California Music Studios has been dedicated to helping students of all ages—kids, teens, and adults—follow their musical dreams for over a quarter century. Through our service, we can match students up with qualified instructors for in-home or studio music lessons in Woodland Hills. To make sure you only get the best music education, all of the teachers we work with must go through a thorough screening process that includes personal evaluations and background checks.
From there, we match up students to the teachers they need. Each teacher specializes in individual instruction that fosters growth and development through one-on-one interactions. That means lesson plans that are tailored to your specific learning speed, style, and personal needs. The instructors we work with can invest more time if you’re having trouble with a particular technique, or they can go ahead if you’re a fast learner. We recommended hour-long lessons once or twice a week, but you may deem it necessary to have fewer or more.
We also understand that the relationship between student and teacher is part of what drives the learning process. If you’re not getting along with your teacher, learning to play an instrument only gets harder. Fortunately, we have a 97% or better success rate when matching students and teachers, and if you’re not satisfied with your instructor, we have no problem swapping him or her out for someone more suited to your needs, ensuring that your guitar, violin, or piano lessons in Woodland Hills are positive and engaging.
Pick Your Instrument
Working with a network of over 350 qualified teachers, California Music Studios can find you the instructors you need to learn a specific style, genre, or instrument.
- Keys: If you learn just one instrument in your life, you can’t go wrong with the piano. Piano lessons in Woodland Hills introduce you to the beautiful sound and amazing range of one of the greatest tools used by composers, musicians, and songwriters. Along with the impressive versatility, the piano remains the best instrument for learning music theory. In fact, learning the piano for just a few years will give you an excellent foundation for music theory, allowing for an easier transition if you ever switch instruments.
- Strings: The string family offers some of the most enjoyable instruments you can play. There’s something immediately satisfying about picking a string, and with just a few chords, you can play a bevy of songs. Guitar lessons in Woodland Hills are a popular choice, and for good reason. Guitar offers a great sound to accompany singers and is an international symbol for cool, but don’t limit yourself to the ole six-string.
- Guitar (acoustic, electric, bass)
- Violin (viola, cello, upright bass)
- Brass: Brass instruments are all about power and projection, rounding out the sound of an ensemble and giving other instruments a significant boost. Brass instruments play a large role in jazz, providing the upbeat melodies and backing harmonies. Playing the brass does require some work to form a proper embouchure, but you should be playing with the best of them in no time.
- French horn
- Woodwinds: What woodwinds lack in power and volume, they make up for in range and technique. Woodwinds are central to symphonies, but they have also played a significant role in other styles and genres—jazz, pop, and folk, to name a few.
- Voice: Your voice is unique and more powerful than you think. With the right exercises and a trained ear, you can improve your range and belt out your favorite tunes. The best part: unlike other instruments, you always have your voice with you!
- Drums: Drums are the heart of the band, keeping a steady beat to keep the tempo going, but there’s a lot of artistry and technique that goes into playing the drums. The drums are plenty beautiful and visually pleasing.
Did You Know…
- Music has a powerful connection with memory. In fact, memories triggered by music tend to be incredibly intense, producing a strong emotional response. It’s why listening to a song can immediately transport you back to your high school dance or your first kiss so many years ago. This connection is so strong that even people who have suffered severe brain injuries can still remember moments associated with specific songs.
- Music has been shown to light up the pleasure centers of the brain and cause the release of dopamine. This is especially true for songs that are simple, repetitive, and predictable, which is why certain songs tend to reach the charts while others don’t.
- Music has also been shown to decrease anxiety, regulate blood pressure, and decrease stress hormones, so after a hard day, lie back and listen to your favorite tunes.
If you’re ready to start your journey into musical education, please feel free to contact us today.