La Mesa Music Lessons
Looking for private music lessons in La Mesa? Look no further! For over a quarter century, California Music Studios has been connecting ambitious music students with pre-qualified music instructors in La Mesa. CMS has successfully worked with music students of all ability and age levels—young kids to teenagers to adults—looking to pick up an instrument for the first time. CMS is a leading provider of personalized music instruction in Southern California, and we understand how difficult it can be to find the right music teacher. That is why we have made it our mission to create a comprehensive network of music teachers in La Mesa, allowing us to connect students to the perfect music instructor for their learning style and skill level.
Why Take Music Lessons in La Mesa with California Music Studios?
Founded by accomplished singer, pianist, and recording artist Jennifer Paterson in 1987, California Music Studios has developed strong relationships with independently established music teachers not only in La Mesa, but throughout Southern California—more than 350 teachers in all. We painstakingly screen each and every music instructor. A big reason for our 97% or better student/teacher matching success rate is this rigorous personal and professional screening process. Still, in the rare event that a successful match is not made, or if a student simply wishes for a change, we are more than willing to facilitate the switching of music instructors.
Each teacher that CMS works with offers private in-home or studio music lessons. That means one-on-one interaction and personalized instruction. CMS recommends weekly lessons for students, but you are free to take more or fewer depending on your circumstances. Each lesson is carefully planned and tracked to ensure that personal goals are met. In addition, our team of music instructors encourages participation in our 65 formal or informal recitals throughout the year, giving students the opportunity to demonstrate their progress in front of friends and family.
Which Instrument Do You Want to Learn?
California Music Studios is proud to work with such a diversely talented group of music teachers in La Mesa, allowing us to provide instruction in a wide range of music instruments, including:
- Strings– As you might have guessed, any instrument with strings falls into the string family. This defining characteristic makes the string family extremely diverse. Whether you want to take banjo, cello, or guitar lessons in La Mesa, CMS can help. String instruments include:
- Double Bass
- Keys– Keyed instruments are those that create sound by pressing down on keys that strike strings or force air through pipes. Keyed instruments are often considered part of the percussion family since sound is created by striking a key. Here, we’ve separated the keyed instruments into their own group:
- Woodwinds– This family of musical instruments draws its name from the fact that all members were once constructed solely out of wood. Today, the woodwind family consists of:
- Bass clarinet
- English horn
- Percussion– With a huge variety of members, the percussion instrument family is the largest in the orchestra. Percussion instruments include:
- Bass Drum
- Snare Drum
- Brass– The brass family has a rich history across a wide variety of musical styles. Instruments that fall under this category include:
- French horn
Research and Findings Supported by the NAMM Foundation
The NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to advance music participation by “supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving and public service programs.” Thanks to NAMM’s support, several ground-breaking studies have been funded that demonstrate the importance and benefits of music education. For example:
- A study conducted by scientists at Northwestern University found that music training actually changes the makeup of a person’s brain by creating new neural connections and strengthening existing neural processes. These changes in brain chemistry are thought to be the main catalyst behind improved speech comprehension, higher vocabulary and reading abilities, and increased levels of speech, language, memory, and attention in those involved in music training compared to those who aren’t.
- Scientists at the Tel Aviv Medical Center have found that premature babies exposed to 30 minutes of Mozart and music from other composers each day gained more weight and experienced more rapid growth than premature babies who were not exposed to classical music.
- In 2008, research conducted at the University of Florence, Italy found that patients with mild hypertension who listened to 30 minutes of classical, Celtic, or Indian music each day for four weeks experienced significant reductions in ABP (ambulatory blood pressure).
Want to learn more benefits of taking La Mesa music lessons? Contact California Music Studios today!