La Jolla Music Lessons
Since 1987, California Music Studios has maintained a strong presence in San Diego County by delivering customized instruction and music lessons in La Jolla. As a leading provider of music instruction in Southern California, CMS understands how difficult it can be to find the right music teacher to help you or your child realize their musical potential. That is why we have made it our mission to build an extensive network of music teachers in La Jolla, which allows us to connect ambitious students with the perfect music instructor for their learning style and skill level.
Why Take La Jolla Music Lessons through California Music Studios?
If you are looking for a La Jolla music school to provide guidance in the quest to learn how to play an instrument, California Music Studios can help. For more than 25 years, CMS has worked with enthusiastic music instructors from La Jolla who offer private in-home or studio lessons. Each music teacher that CMS teams up with is required to pass a stringent, in-person professional and personal screening and qualification process. Once they’ve passed our screening and qualifying process, the teachers we work with provide students with one-on-one instruction that caters to the individual pace and learning style of every student. Thanks to this rigorous selection process and personalized approach to music instruction, CMS boasts a 97% or better student/teacher matching success rate. Even with this success, we are more than happy to accommodate a change of instructors should students feel the need.
The hundreds of music instructors we work with offer everything from ukulele to piano lessons in La Jolla, complete with one-on-one interaction and personalized lesson plans. Our lessons last an hour and generally occur once or twice a week. While we recommend weekly lessons for all of our students, the freedom exists to take more or fewer depending on your scheduling needs. When they feel they are ready, students can choose to show off their new skills for family and friends at our 65 yearly recitals.
Take Your Pick of Music Instruments
Our students have a wide range of musical talents and interests, so whether they are looking to improve their singing abilities, advance their flute or clarinet skills, or take guitar lessons in La Jolla, California Music Studios delivers. CMS offers music lessons in the following instrument families:
- Strings Whether you’re plucking or using a bow, if it produces noises with a vibrating string, you’re looking at a string instrument. This defining characteristic makes the string family extremely wide-ranging, each member with its own particular quirks and techniques. Nearly all types of contemporary and classic music styles feature the use of a stringed instrument, which includes:
- Double Bass
- Woodwinds Woodwind instruments consist of any instrument that uses a reed a piece of wood with wind blown into or across it in order to make sound. This family of musical instruments draws its name from the fact that all members were once constructed solely out of wood. Today, modern flutes aren’t usually made out of wood, but they are still grouped in this category. The contemporary woodwind family includes:
- Bass Clarinet
- English Horn
- Percussion With a huge variety of members, the percussion instrument family is the largest in the orchestra. Keyed instruments actually fall under the percussion category since they produce sound by striking down on keys to create music. Percussion instruments include:
- Bass Drum
- Snare Drum
- Keys Keyed instruments are often seen as a hybrid between percussion and string instruments and use a keyboard to produce sound via hammered strings or forced air. Taking piano lessons actually helps you learn music theory, which is very impressive! Some keyed instruments you can learn:
- Brass The brass family has a rich history across a wide variety of musical styles. Brass instruments are generally made of brass, but their defining characteristic is the way they produce sounds. With brass instruments, the vibrating of your own lips creates a buzzing sound that is modified via the horn to create music. Instruments that fall under this category include:
- French Horn
- Voice Want to fine-tune the instrument you were born with? Singing lessons help you develop your voice and improve your singing abilities, just like working a muscle. Some believe that a good singing voice is something you’re either born with or not but that’s just one of many music myths. Anyone willing to put in the time and dedication to practice can become a great singer.
Music in the La Jolla Community
La Jolla is a small, close-knit community located in a beautiful area of San Diego with plenty to offer for surfers, wildlife lovers, and other outdoor enthusiasts. With plenty of concert venues and musical organizations, La Jolla is a great place for musicians as well. The La Jolla Music Society is one of the more prominent musical organizations in the area with a mission to enhance the vitality and deepen the cultural life of San Diego by presenting and producing a dynamic range of performing arts for our increasingly diverse community. Affiliated with the University of San Diego, the La Jolla Symphony and Chorus has been providing live classical music in the community for more than 50 years. For a small, intimate place to view live music in La Jolla, it doesn’t get much better than The Loft at UCSD.
Want to be part of La Jolla’s music community? Contact California Music Studios today to learn about our music lessons in the La Jolla area, or any other community in Southern California.