Technology is revitalizing the way aspiring musicians compose, produce, and perform music. Music teachers and students alike can experience the benefits of technology and its ability to bring music education to new levels!
Check out the infographic below, and the breakdown of facts and stats below it:
Ed-Tech in the Classroom
How is technology used in the typical classroom?
Here’s how teachers from all grade levels responded to a 2013 PBS Learning survey.
- 74%: Reinforces and expands on curriculum
- 74%: Motivates students to learn
- 73%: Motivates students to respond to a variety of learning styles
Types of Devices
- 59%: Interactive whiteboard
- 35%: Tablets/e-readers
- 11%: Interactive table
- 48%: Online lesson plans
- 45%: Web-based interactive games
- 44%: Delivery vehicle for information to parents/students
How Technology Impacts Music Teaching & Learning:
- Participation in online communities to discuss curriculum
- More instruction time and flexibility in class
- Easier access to findmusic teachers and other musicians
- More motivation to consume musical knowledge
- New ideas for music lessons
- Access to resources to learn new concepts
- More motivation to engage in discussion
- Presentation: Provide a great visual to teach musical concepts
- Performance: Offer differentiated instruction
- Creativity: Encourage students to create and share music
iPad Apps for Music Education
These music apps can easily be applied to your practice and production arsenal!
- Ear Trainer: Improve your musical ear
- GarageBand: Create with a full-featured recording studio
- forScore: Store all your sheet music in this robust library
- Real Piano Pro: Play a full 88-key piano w/ realistic sound and key labels
- Guitar Lab: Get strumming with video guitar lessons
- ImproVox: Practice your pitch and harmonization
- TabToolkit: Jam along to your favorite songs
Create A Music Production Studio
With these technologies, you’ll become a rising music producer before you know it!
Music Production Workstation
A portable electronic music studio that combines the basic functions of a synthesizer, sampler, drum machine, effects device, and sequencer. It can serve as a:
- Teaching tool: Demonstrate the properties of sound
- Compositional tool: Create complete achievement of compositions
- Rehearsal aid: Pre-record songs as accompaniment in rehearsal
- Live performance instrument: Produce imitative sounds on top of traditional sounds
Equipped with tools to satisfy the needs of performers and composers alike. Includes:
- Tone generator: Completely design and shape your sound
- Sampling: Digitally record any sound and reproduce it
- Sequencing: Play along with pre-recorded sequences
- Effects processing: Control and be creative with your final sound
Music Production Software
Computer-based programs to achieve the perfect sound with great sound quality. You can:
- Manipulate sound waves and samples efficiently
- Pull samples and downloads tools online
- Access a database of 1000+ sounds
- Fuse music effects from electronic and traditional acoustic instruments
Get matched with a perfect music teacher.
California Music Studios matches music students and local music teachers by their musical goals & interests.
At no cost and no obligation to you, California Music Studios will personally match you with a music instructor in the Southern California area.
It’s simple: Tell us your musical goals and what you want to learn. You will be matched with a professional music teacher that fits your goals and interests.
Plus, all instructors have passed extensive background checks.
You can then choose to take lessons in your home, or in a nearby music studio.
Music teachers: Do you want more students?
California Music Studios matches music teachers with students that are actively looking for lessons.
No matter if you’re already a music instructor or want to become one, California Music Studios can help you get more of the students that fit what you actually want to teach.
You choose the students you want to teach. You choose when, where and how you want to teach.